Due to my recent bout with insomnia, I have had extra hours to think. The last couple of nights I began running scenarios through my mind envisioning how my life would be today if Lane hadn't died. What if Lane were still here:
- Would we have taken that trip to South America we talked about?
- Would we be retired?
- Would I have lost 25 pounds?
- Would he be in good health?
- Would he still be cleaning the basement?
- Would I be sleeping better?
- Would he be completely bald?
- Would we have as much fun as we did in the old days?
I can't say I have answers to these "what ifs." I just know I would be a happier person if Lane were still here.
What ifs do you think about?